03/18/20-Update: Free Preview of Select Networks for Digital Television Subscribers
Update: 03/17/20 9:20pm; Front Office Closure Notice & Limited On-Site Technician Visits
March 17, 2020
Dear Bloomingdale Communications Customers:
In the best interest of our customers and employees and to assist in preventing the spread of the COVID-19, as of Wednesday March 18, 2020 the Bloomingdale Communications front offices will be closed until at least Monday March 23, 2020. If you need to make a payment we encourage you to use our website www.bloomingdalecom.com (my account), call us at (269) 521-7300 option 1, or if you need to pay in person use our after-hours drop box located outside on the front of our building(s). Our staff is committed to monitoring the after-hours drop box during normal business hours (8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday) to ensure customers’ payments are posted in a timely manner.
For general billing questions or technical assistance our Customer Care & Help Desk Teams will be available via phone during normal business hours 8:00a.m.-4:30p.m. Monday through Friday at (269) 521-7300.
In addition, all on-site technician visits will be limited to emergency out of service appointments only. If you’ve got a pre-scheduled appointment between Wednesday March 18, 2020 and Monday March 23, 2020, we ask that you please contact our Customer Care Team between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday to reschedule.
Thank you for your understanding as we work together through this challenging time.
Update: 03/17/20 Bloomingdale Communications to Offer Public WiFi Access
Update: 03/17/20 Bloomingdale Communications takes the pledge…
Bloomingdale Communications has signed on to the FCC Chairman Pai’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge which is:
Given the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on American society, Bloomingdale Communications pledges for the next 60 days to:
(1) not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
(2) waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic; and
(3) open its Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them.
See the FCC Press Release at https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-363075A1.pdf
One of the things that concerns us is having folks miss church services during the Easter Season. If you are a local Van Buren/Allegan County church who has video of your church services. . . we would like to put that on our Channel 12.
Please contact us via a FB message or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested and we can follow up with details.
3/17/2020: WiFi Public Access from Bloomingdale Communications
03/13/2020; BLOOMINGDALE COMMUNICATIONS COVID-19 STATEMENT
Dear Bloomingdale Communications Customer:
Global concern over the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues. At Bloomingdale Communications, we are actively monitoring the situation and following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local health authorities.
We understand the critical role that Bloomingdale Communications plays in delivering telecommunications services to your home or business. At this time, we are maintaining regular business hours. Business continuity plans are in place to ensure our network is maintained, monitored, and operational.
Currently, all technician site visits will proceed as scheduled. When Bloomingdale Communications employees need to go into a customer’s home or business, they will keep a six-foot distance from people. Bloomingdale Communications is asking customers who are sick and have appointments at their home or business to reschedule.
As a precautionary measure, we ask customers who choose to pay their bill in person, please use the after-hours drop box located outside on the front of our building(s) during normal business hours. Our staff is committed to monitoring the after-hours drop box during normal business hours to ensure customer’s payments are posted in a timely manner.
We’ve taken the following measures to ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and the public.
· Monitoring employee personal travel and imposing self-quarantine as needed.
· Restricting employee participation at work-related public events and gatherings.
· Providing the technological resources for employees to be able to work remotely if necessary.
· Following the Best Practices listed below to prevent the spread of illness.
· Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer)
· Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes
· Wipe down cell phones and other personal devices with disinfectants twice a day
· Instead of shaking hands, consider waving or bumping elbows
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
· Avoid exposure to others who are sick
· Stay home when you are sick
Bloomingdale Communications will continue to monitor the situation and will work to ensure reliable and dedicated service to our customers. Any updates on this situation will be communicated via our website www.bloomingdalecom.com and social media page(s).